There are 2 Litter & Facilities Operative vacancies in the Parks Department now live on the Bristol City Council website.
If you are working with Bristol residents who are unemployed, 16 and over and who are interested in exploring this sector and need help and support with their employability skills please get in touch with me at email@example.com
This is the link to the Job Search page on Bristol City Council website where you will find more information Jobs (bristol.gov.uk)
Parks Litter and Facilities Operative
Job description 2 x Full Time, Permanent, 37 hours per week to include some weekend working. Closing date 4th October 2023.
This is a great opportunity to join Bristol City Council Parks Service as a Litter and Facilities Operative helping to keep our parks and green spaces clean and safe.
The flexible and committed Parks team provide formal parks, nature reserves, play areas and sports facilities across the city as well as maintaining highway verges and communal grounds for our social housing sites across the city.
This is an important and visual role, working outdoors in all weathers to make sure our parks and green spaces are welcoming and attractive places to visit.
There will be some weekend work as our parks are used 24/7. This will be on a rota and will involve on average working two weekends a month.
What will I be doing?
· Carrying out site litter picking and bin emptying
· Cleaning public toilets and other parks buildings
· Carry out minor maintenance tasks such as painting, cleaning graffiti, nuisance pruning etc. using hand tools
· Carry out grass cutting and shrub maintenance with use of hand held machinery
· Clearing flytip from parks and green spaces.
What do I need to have?
· Full UK driving licence and ability to drive a wide range of vehicles
· Ability to carry out the physical demands of the role, working outdoors and at weekends
· Knowledge of health and safety in the workplace
· Good communication skills
There are 2 positions available. Based at The North Parks Depot: Sea Mills Depot, Sea Mills Lane Bristol BS9 1DP and The Central Parks Depot: Eastville Depot, New Stadium Road, Bristol.
The post-holder could be asked to work in other areas of the city in the future.
If you require help and support with filling out the application form please contact our Employment Navigator, Helen Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further queries after reading the job advert along with the attached job paperwork then please contact Sarah Blazier (North Area Parks Manager) on email@example.com
Interviews are expected to take place: Week commencing 9th October 2023.