I wanted to share a vacancy that we currently have in the One Front Door team for a Career Progression Coach (closing date 19/09/23). I would be grateful if you could please share the vacancy across your networks. I am happy to have a chat with anyone that might be interested in applying J.
Job title : One Front Door Career Progression Coach
Applicationclosing date :19/09/2023
Location:City Hall College Green City Centre Bristol BS1 5TR
Package:Pension Scheme, Flexible Working
Jobcategory/type :Education, Youth and Communities
Job description :
Full-Time, Fixed-Term (until July 2024)
The One Front Door Service is seeking a Career Progression Coach who will act as the first point of contact for participants, primarily by telephone.
- To provide high quality employment, skills and training advice, guidance, and support as part of a triage service.
- To contribute to employer workforce development opportunities.
- To the be key interface between the Employment Support Team, the Housing and Temporary Accommodation Teams, Housing Benefit Team, Housing Associations, specialist internal and external services, including lead professionals to overcome barriers and achieve positive outcomes.
One Front Door
The One Front Door Service assists employers, individuals, and support agencies to match vacancies with jobseekers living in Bristol’s most deprived communities; and to signpost other information resources and programmes using a variety of digital and physical channels.
The service aims to:
- Enable participants to enhance their skills, abilities and knowledge of the labour market and vacancies, whilst building confidence, assertiveness, and a positive self-image; enhanced through a needs assessment and action plan.
- Give participants living in the most deprived communities in Bristol the opportunity to be matched to immediate and emerging vacancies, being actively encouraged, and enabled to apply for them.
- Engage with employers with hard to fill immediate and potential vacancies and find innovate new ways of matching deprived communities to hear of and to apply for them.
Why Bristol City Council?
At Bristol City Council, we go that extra mile for our people; we offer a work environment which is fast moving and supportive, giving you the chance to use your skills and develop new ones within a high-profile organisation. For the majority of our roles hybrid working arrangements are available, giving teams the opportunity to work in a way that suits them, balancing service need and individual choice – mixing both home and office working.
Join us and you will receive an excellent rewards package including flexible working and flexitime, membership of the Local Government Pension scheme, and a generous annual leave allowance. In addition, you will be working in a supportive environment where you will have the chance to make Bristol a better place and contribute to its future.
How do I apply?
If you share our values and are ready to be part of our exciting journey please select the apply button below.
To be shortlisted for interview you will need to demonstrate how you meet each of the essential criteria in the Person Specification within the Further Information section of your application. On occasion we will receive high numbers of applications, we may then shortlist against the desirable criteria along with the essential criteria, so if you can, please demonstrate how you meet this in your application.
For permanent Bristol City Council employees, this post will be a secondment.
For employees who are currently on a fixed term contract, the secondment must not extend beyond the end of the fixed term period to ensure there is a substantive post to return to.
If you are currently a casual worker or a member of an employment agency (currently working with Bristol City Council) this post will be a fixed term contract.
Please note that this role is subject to Enhanced DBS Clearance.
For further information please e-mail Nikki Maloney, Programme Manager, Employment, Skills and Learning: email@example.com
At Bristol City Council, we value having a workforce as diverse as the city we serve. We therefore welcome, develop and promote people from all sections of the community. We particularly welcome applications from Young people, Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic, and Male candidates who are currently under-represented within this Service of Bristol City Council. Appointments will be made on merit.
To view job details or apply on-line click here
To search for other jobs click here