The National Careers Service is recruiting experienced and trainee Careers Advisers working in Bristol, South Gloucestershire & Wiltshire.
Please can you share this with anyone who may be interested.
Full training is available including a Level 4 CIAG qualification for the right candidates.
To find out more information and to apply – https://jobs.seetec.co.uk/job/Bristol-Careers-Advisor-%28BristolWiltshireSouth-Gloucester%29-Sout/1030900201/
Careers Advisor (Bristol/Wiltshire/South Gloucester)
We’re recruiting a Careers Advisor to join our amazing National Careers Service Team.
Are you passionate about working with people and being part of their journey to find suitable employment and to progress their careers but don’t have a Level 4 CIAG (Certification in Information & Guidance) qualification, as long as you are willing to undertake this qualification, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Careers Advisor you’ll make our participants feel welcome and comfortable when they are first referred to our programme. You’ll need to be able to engage with participants from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. You’ll hold 1-1 and group-based learning session in a wide range of settings, including careers events, jobs fairs, pop up venues.
Our ideal candidate might come from a teaching background or have experience in delivering careers advice. Have an engaging personality, are comfortable working with a diverse group of people, and can provide a warm and welcoming experience to help our participants in their first steps back into employment.
We need your skills to empower and encourage participants to create a career skills action plan and support them in their learning and development whilst monitoring their progress to build their confidence throughout their journey to success.
This is a rewarding role that will allow you to utilise your current skills to influence, support and encourages others to build a future, and will also allow us to become better with your unique experiences.
Join us and be proud to help our communities and be part of the recovery ensuring no one is left behind.
In return for your dedication, knowledge, and commitment, we’re offering a competitive salary range of £26,500 – £29,545 per annum (dependent on experience) with these great additional benefits:
• 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off (with the opportunity to buy additional days)
• 2 Volunteer Days
• Pension – 5% Employee 5% Employer
• Healthcare Cash Plan, incl. 3 x salary life assurance
• Annual Pay Review
• Refer a Friend Scheme
• Free access to BenefitHub – an online portal with access to a wide range of retail discounts, cycle to work scheme and additional voluntary benefits
There’s also the opportunity to progress your career within the Seetec Group.
Interested? There’s an easy to apply route below to upload your CV!
If you need any further information, talk to our experienced Internal Recruitment Team on 01702 208282.
Seetec Group is an employee-owned organisation and we continually pride ourselves on our sense of community, both in the incredible work we do throughout UK and Ireland, and internally with our employee owners. People are at the front, centre and heart of every service we provide and each decision we make. What it means to be employee-owned.
Location: Community based in Bristol/Wiltshire/South Gloucester area
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am – 5pm, occasional evenings, weekends and bank holidays
Closing Date: 14 February 2024
- Meet, and strive to exceed, personal performance targets
- Deliver a positive experience, ensuring creation of a careers skills action plan
- Achieve the quality and compliance standards required
- Provide tailored support in all aspects of career management and progression
- Fully understand the labour market and provide relevant advice and guidance on local job sectors and opportunities
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to maximise referral and opportunities, i.e. local community provision, JCP Work coaches, LA’s.
- Deliver Group Sessions with customers in a wide range of settings, including careers events, jobs fairs, pop up venues
For full job description follow the link: Careers Advisor
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Level 4 qualification in Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance
- A good working knowledge of the local labour market in the specified geographical locations
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Math
- Fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e. Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Experience of delivering services to meet contractual and quality standards
- Knowledge of the Careers/Employability industry
- Knowledge of the recruitment industry
- Experience of working with people in the provision of ‘information, advice & guidance’
- Full driving licence to enable deployment across a specified geographical area (region), when required
INTERVENTIONS ALLIANCE is the Justice and Social Care division of Seetec, delivering tailored support to participants across a range of contracts, including as CFO Activity Hubs, Education, Training and Employment (ETE), Accommodation, Personal Wellbeing and Approved Premises. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to build a better future, regardless their past choices or the challenges they face.
We are committed to combining our knowledge, skills and talents across the justice and social care sectors to deliver services and interventions that overcome the barriers that hold people back from living more fulfilled lives. Ultimately, our aim is to equip individuals with the necessary skills needed to desist from offending, successfully reintegrate into to their local communities and address barriers to work.
Interventions Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
You will be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Seetec – Interventions Alliance support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
Interventions Alliance is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.