We have an opportunity for a new colleague to join our Charles England House team in a highly rewarding role supporting young people, including young parents in a low support housing scheme in Patchway, Bristol. If you have the passion to help young people with their independent skills and either experience and/or ability to learn to provide high quality housing management, we want to hear from you.
We are particularly keen to increase applications from ethnic minorities, Muslim, and male candidates as they are currently under-represented in our organisation. We would also like applications from people with relevant lived experience.
Please find full details of how to apply via our website. The deadline for application submissions is 12:00 Friday 22 April 2022. If you need an adjustment to be made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.
We are a leading youth homelessness charity based in the Southwest, working with over 1,500
young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector. We build trusting relationships between our young people and our colleagues, and this is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
- You engage young people with confidence and passion. You love being around them and working with them.
- You are empathetic and truly understand the complex needs of young people.
- You have the skills to work with a diverse caseload and help young people reach their goals and aspirations.
- You work well in a fast and ever-changing environment.
If you have transferrable skills and you are interested in this role, but are worried about the application process, please get in touch. We encourage you to have an informal chat with the recruiting manager to discuss how your personal or professional experience and skills could be transferred to this role.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring the safety, security, and wellbeing of young people, yourself and colleagues.
- By being well organised, efficient, and effective you will the whole team in a range of housing management functions.
- Holding a caseload and providing on-going support for young people.
- Supporting young people, your colleagues, and the team in promoting and facilitating a
positive rent culture.
You will be in Charles England House Team and your line manager will be our Charles England
What we are offering:
- 30 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays or a day in lieu if working on a bank holiday
- An opportunity to work in a Psychologically Informed Environment, including access to regular Reflective Practice
- UK Healthcare employee membership (up to Level 2)
- An opportunity to be part of a new team in a newly acquired service and help embed 1625 Independent People’s values.
- Hours per week: 40 (including paid lunches on site)
- Contract type: Permanent
- Pay: £24,432 – £25,927 per annum
- The location: You will be based in Charles England House in Patchway, South Gloucestershire. There is free parking at the scheme and great access to the M5.
- To access the Job Pack for this role and submit an application, please visit the vacancy page on our website: https://1625independentpeople.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=d5a1828b-6c2d-42be-afd5-2004d7f03075
- Please refer to the Cover Letter guidance below to ensure your application can progress to the shortlisting stage.
- To have an informal chat about the role, please contact Christopher.email@example.com
- If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline closes: 12:00, Friday 22 April 2022
- If you have not heard from us by Tuesday 25 April 2022, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Interviews are on Thursday 28 April 2022 and Friday 29 April 2022
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com