We are starting up our free weekly land based skills and nature based wellbeing sessions for 16-25 year olds again and I was wondering if you could put it out to your service users? If this is possible here is a bit of text you could use and I have attached the poster.
The Birch Collective run Fresh Air Thursdays (Thursdays 1-5pm), a free land skills and nature based wellbeing group for 16-25 year olds.
These easy-going and supportive sessions offer a mix of practical, seasonal tasks, alongside relaxing and chatting by the fire. Fresh Air Thursdays are ideal for anyone who would benefit from spending some time outside in a beautiful place with other young adults and are keen to learn some new skills.
– Gardening and food growing for wildlife
– Natural building (pizza oven construction, building with green timber)
– Natural Craft (willow and clay work, whittling and wood carving)
– Fireside Cookery (learning to prepare, maintain and cook on open fires)
– Nature-based stress reduction techniques
Strawberry Lane Community Garden, St George.
Every Thursday 1-5pm from Thursday 30th March until November
This group is ideal for anyone age 16-25 who:
· Would benefit from time spent outside with other young people
· Is struggling to engage with study or work
· Has mental or physical health struggles
· Is experiencing loneliness or isolation
Please let us know if you would like to come and for instructions of how to get here. Get in touch on:
07936784637 (if we don’t answer please send a text/ whatsapp)
You don’t need to make a commitment to coming to all the Thursday sessions and you can drop in when you can for as long as you can.