We have a weekly Friday opportunity available for highly skilled, empathetic and passionate facilitators between November 2023-July 2024.
Throughout this academic year we will be returning to a children’s secure unit to work with young offenders on a creative project. To build on previous UV programmes delivered at this setting, we will be focusing on themes such as: Resilience, Emotional Regulation, Mental Health and Wellbeing, Aspirations, Oracy Skills and Self-esteem.
Key details include:
- Term time delivery (school hours) on Fridays (Weekly)
- Looking for a lead facilitator and assistant facilitator
- The role of lead facilitator includes planning of the session and delivery
- Training hours / briefing and supervision time involved
- Consistency is key at this setting so full availability is required on term time Fridays.
- Each delivery session is run in small groups which is repeated up to 6 times a day
- Due to the short sentencing at the moment and high turnaround of young people no output is currently required and you may be working with different young people over the course of the project.
We are really keen to hear from both head and assistant leaders who would like to be a part of this important work throughout the academic year.
We welcome applications from candidates who have:
- Experience of working with young people, particularly in a young offenders setting
- Ability to build an authentic rapport with young people
- Ability to empathise with the different needs and concerns of young people
- Are engaging, fun and imaginative
- Are reliable, punctual and are able to work effectively within a team
- Have an Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the Update Service or willing to undertake a new Enhanced DBS Check and register with the Update Service. Unique Voice is approved to process this on your behalf (charges will apply)
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Willingness to carry out company policies, in particular with regard to safeguarding and child protection
- Working as a self-employed facilitator and be responsible for your own declaration to HMRC
Applications through online application form
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0117 428 6240