Our weekly sessions are starting again next week on Thursday 30th March!
The Birch Collective run Fresh Air Thursdays (Thursdays 1-5pm), a free land skills and nature based wellbeing group for 16-25 year olds.
These easy-going and supportive sessions offer a mix of practical, seasonal tasks, alongside relaxing and chatting by the fire. Fresh Air Thursdays are ideal for anyone who would benefit from spending some time outside in a beautiful place with other young adults and are keen to learn some new skills.
– Gardening and food growing for wildlife
– Natural building (pizza oven construction, building with green timber)
– Natural Craft (willow and clay work, whittling and wood carving)
– Fireside Cookery (learning to prepare, maintain and cook on open fires)
– Nature-based stress reduction techniques
Strawberry Lane Community Garden, St George.
Every Thursday 1-5pm from Thursday 30th March until November
Between 4 and 10
This group is ideal for anyone age 16-25 who:
- Would benefit from time spent outside with other young people
- Is struggling to engage with study or work
- Has mental or physical health struggles
- Is experiencing loneliness or isolation
If you would like any more information about the sessions please get in touch or give us a call on 07936784637, including if you would like to discuss a young person’s particular needs or suitability to the group. Support workers are welcome to attend and participants can drop in when they can for as long as they would like. We are able to provide feedback on participants’ engagement. If you have any young people you would like to refer please fill in the referral form attached and email it back to us. We will then get in touch with the potential participant to have a preliminary chat.