We are Greenway Care Connect from Southmead Development Trust, a new charitable carer introduction agency serving the North and West of Bristol. We have created this service to achieve three important objectives:
- Give domiciliary care and support service users and care workers more choice and control over their working relationship.
- Help relieve the pressure on the regulated care market and, therefore, help alleviate the current social care staffing crisis.
- Raise funds to run Southmead Development Trust’s free befriending service, which keeps older people who live alone connected to their community.
The Greenway Care Connect agency introduces self-employed care workers to clients who need them in the North and West of Bristol. We are seeking to recruit some great new care workers – people with values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own.
You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we are happy to work with you to help you become an excellent independent caregiver. We currently offer free online care induction training through our partners from the National Associations of Carers and Support Workers (NACAS). We also offer face-to-face mentoring sessions as and when you need them and day courses on specific care-related subjects at the Greenway Centre.
Above all, we want people who believe in working with our Trust values:
- Positivity – regardless of the challenge
- Integrity – being true to our word
- Excellence – going above and beyond
- A welcoming attitude – respecting everyone
- An entrepreneurial spirit – for the long term good of our communities
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. However, as a general guide, your customers may require support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and well-being, such as arts and crafts, watching sports, musical evenings, gardening, shopping trips and social occasions. As a self-employed care and/or support worker, you would be able to choose your working hours, your hourly rate and the customers whose care and support needs you feel you can meet. If you have never been self-employed before, Greenway Care Connect can also guide you through this.
Interested? To find out more, please call Cecilia on 07376 067980 or 0117 950 3335 or register as a caregiver on our online platform https://greenway.care4communities.co.uk/. We look forward to hearing from you!