I hope you are well. I am excited to share that we are now recruiting for our Young Collective to start in January. Please see below for details and I have also attached the Information and Application Form to share with any young people who may be interested. Let me know if you are working with any young people who it would be useful to speak to about the opportunity as I would be happy to meet with them.
We are looking for 10 young people who are passionate about making culture more inclusive to become a paid member of our youth advisory board. We welcome applications from those from Global Majority ethnicity groups, low income households and who are Disabled or Neurodivergent.
Who can apply:
· 18-25 year olds, or 18-30 year olds with a Learning Difficulty or Disability living in the Bristol City Council area
- Deadline for applications – 9am Wednesday 6th December 2023
- First session – 6-8pm Wednesday 3rd January 2024
· We will meet on the first Wednesday of every month from 6-8pm, at Bristol Museum & Art Gallery or M Shed
- We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months
- Participants will be paid £11.81 per hour for their time (£141.72 for 6 months of two hour meetings)
- Participants will need to be set up as a freelancer in order to be paid (we can support you with this)
What to expect:
- Collaborate with a range of departments in Bristol Culture to bring a fresh perspective and create new narratives
- Work with Bristol Culture to ensure representation in exhibitions, events and new projects to make it more inclusive, engaging, authentic and real for young people
- Inspire other young people across Bristol to engage with Bristol Culture through acting as ambassadors through outreach and projects
- Behind the scenes out of hours access to the museum and gallery collections
- Additional opportunities such as one off engagement projects or sitting on a Bristol Culture steering group
- Online: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/youngcollective
- Email/hand written version: use the application form attached
- Video/voice recording: answer the questions on the application form attached and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
Annette Dodd-Johns (she/her)
Engagement Officer – Young People & Pathways
Culture & Creative Industries
07741 099 367