You can also find more information here: https://www.bristolwomensvoice.org.uk/get-involved/
Bristol Women’s Voice Community Development Worker Advert
Are you passionate about women’s equity in Bristol? Do you want to engage diverse communities of women in equalities issues?
Bristol Women’s Voice are recruiting for a part time Community Development Worker to join our dedicated team. We particularly encourage women from Black and minoritised and less well-off backgrounds. We offer very flexible working conditions and some carer allowance.
Hours: 15-18.75 hours a week which can be worked flexibly. Occasional out of hours required, e.g. for International Women’s Day which is held on a Saturday close to the 8th March each year.
Salary: £25,000 pro rata.
Length of contract: until 31st December 2025
Holiday: 22 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays, increasing yearly to a maximum of 27, plus one discretionary wellbeing day.
Key objectives of the role:
- To engage and connect diverse communities of women across Bristol with one another, with Bristol Women’s Voice, our campaign and other community-based social action projects women chose to develop.
- To continue the development of Bristol Women’s Voice’s virtual women’s community hub providing information, signposting, and capacity building for women and community spaces around the city.
Full job description and person specification attached.
Send us your CV and a 500-word (max) statement, or a short video clip (on your phone is fine), telling us:
- why you are applying for the role;
- a little bit about your experience, and
- how you meet the essential criteria
- complete an equalities monitoring form.
Please also include details of two people who can provide a reference for you.
You should send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Thursday 21st December 2023 and we intend to hold interviews during the first week of January 2024.
If you’d like to arrange an informal chat about the role before applying, you can Katy Taylor, BWV Director, on email@example.com
About Bristol Women’s Voice
Our vision: We believe that all women should have equitable access to opportunity in life, regardless of their background and circumstances. We want to see women’s equality and rights become a reality in Bristol – so that all women feel safe, seen and heard in the city they live, work or study in.
Our mission is to:
- create a movement that unites all women in Bristol to campaign together, celebrate our achievements and find support and information.
- listen and make heard the views and voices of women from across Bristol’s diverse communities, empowering them to influence decision-makers.
- support women’s organisations in Bristol to collaborate, grow and campaign on the rights and issues that matter to the women they represent.
Bristol Women’s Voice is a membership organisation. Membership is open to all who identify as a woman and live, work or study in Bristol. You
We have a strong commitment to intersectional feminist principles and to making a difference.
Charity No. 1170110