We are proud to announce that WORKS has expanded during the last few months! Due to the success of the school engagement in Bristol, we have been funded by the Careers and Enterprise company to deliver experience of work activities outside of Bristol and across schools in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and BANES. This is to support 6 secondary schools to offer a range of careers sessions, workshops and activities to bring careers to life for the range of learners they support. As part of the 6 schools, we are working with a range of learners with special educational needs and social and emotional mental health needs to help them explore careers, next steps and possible pathways.
We are looking for employers based within or those who work across North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and BANES to support us in delivering a range of interactive and engaging sessions to inspire students predominantly aged between 13-16. WORKS will provide full support in any training, planning of activities and sessions and piloting the activity with you. Any session developed has the aim of linking you to a school in this area to deliver a session and to create an ongoing partnership and relationship with them. We will attend and evaluation any session with you and also share and promote the session through our good news stories: – News — Bristol WORKS
We are open to ideas for sessions and welcome a broad range of employers but specific asks are as follows:
- On school site or off site work experience tasters (1-2 hours)
- Virtual or face to face tours (can be recorded) with a Q and A
- Interactive workshop (45 minutes – 1 hour) to showcase your career, diverse pathways and a real work activity or challenge for students to understand what working for your company may involve
- Developing a greenspace project across 4 sessions (1 hour per week for 4 weeks)
- Entrepreneurial session
Open to all sectors but ones specifically of interest are:
- Gardening / horticulture / land based work
- Construction, mechanics or engineering
- Hospitality and Catering
- ICT – this includes maintenance, coding, filming, graphic design etc
- Careers in theatre / production
If you feel you can support in any way then please do get in touch with email@example.com. Similarly, please feel free to share with any networks you have or colleagues whom you feel may want to get involved with us on this exciting project.