From: Peace Atumah <email@example.com>
Sent via Ways2Work
Hello My name is Peace from VIY I have seen the great work you do supporting young people with new opportunities in their local community. Volunteer It Yourself (VIY) combines volunteering and DIY by challenging young people aged 14-24
My name is Peace from VIY I have seen the great work you do supporting young people with new opportunities in their local community.
Volunteer It Yourself (VIY) combines volunteering and DIY by challenging
young people aged 14-24 to learn trade skills by helping to fix local community
buildings in need of improvement.
We work with young people who are not in education, employment or training (NEET),
or at risk of becoming so. To offer them the opportunities for a positive next step.
See how weve been transforming lives and communities since 2011: VIY10Years_(volunteerityourself.org)
We do this with local youth groups, charities, youth organisations, schools and colleges, working with young people most in need.
Benefits for young people.
- Learn new trade skills, mentored by professional tradespeople
- Build confidence by meeting new people and making friends
- City & Guilds Entry Level 3 accreditations, globally recognised qualifications that could help with employment opportunities in the future
- Do something good/positive for their community
We have live opportunities in your area now:
- We offer up to one week placements or longer depending on the project, for up to 10 young people per week.
- Typically Tuesday – Friday from 10:00AM – 3:00PM each day.
- To access accreditation opportunities, young people will need to complete 2+ days on site.
- This is a free opportunity for young people and VIY can provide assistance with transport and lunch depending on the young person’s circumstances.
- VIY projects offer hands-on experience for young people in trades such as carpentry, painting & decorating and plumbing. The young people will be mentored by experienced tradespeople who will work alongside them to complete each project.
- Learning trade skills, working towards accreditations, they also develop the soft skills to help with their future employability, like confidence, teamwork and communicating with different people.
- We offer post project support, helping young people line up further training, internships, apprenticeships and employment opportunities, in the construction industry and beyond.
If this opportunity sounds of interest to some of the young people,and you have any further questions about VIY, please get in touch.
I look forward to hearing from you.
For employment support professionals
Visit One Front Door for employment support in Bristol for individuals, providers and employers.
Find us on ways2work to contact us or unsubscribe.
You have received this email from the daily Ways2Work mailing list. Ways2Work sends emails about employment support and related services available in the West of England. Please use details provided by the original sender to ask for more information or refer customers to provision.
The content of this email is sent for information only. Bristol City Council does not necessarily endorse or support its contents.