Free upcoming learning and support on offer in South Bristol from the School for Social Entrepreneurs.
- Back by popular demand, our next Strong Foundations learning programme starts on the 24th March. Session dates are 24th and 25th of March and 8th April, 10-3. This course takes place in-person at Windmill Hill City Farm. We will also run an online only programme in May. This course is aimed at those who have an idea for a business with a social or environmental purpose, and want some advice on what to do next. Find out more and apply here.
- For those who are further along in their social enterprise journey our Getting Serious: Next Steps to Business Success course is currently ongoing. Upcoming sessions cover topics including marketing and branding, sustainability, finance essentials, wellbeing and more. This course is modular so participants can book onto as many sessions as they’d like, and they should be either registered self-employed or have registered their business to take part. I have attached an e-poster outlining course dates, timings and venues.
- We also have a specialist workshop coming up on understanding finances with Ben Steele of Steele Financial Ltd. This session is on the 25th of May from 2-4pm and will cover:
- How to start a business
- Self-employed or Limited Company?
- Tax return basics & HMRC
- How to keep records for your business
- Other FAQs – e.g. do I need to register for VAT?
If you can’t make this session, we will be running the workshop again in September. Book here.
- We also have some online info sessions with the wider SBES team where people can drop in and ask any questions on the 24th March and 28th April.