We currently offer a scheme called the Development Award, which allows us to potentially provide funding for young people ages 16-30 who are looking for financial support to get back into education, training and/ or employment. Within each region, the amount we’re able to offer varies. Please see below for further information about this scheme. If this is something you are interested in showing an interest for, or would like to know more, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We have a programme called Development Awards, which is for those aged 16 – 30 years old, and supports those with training, education and employment purposes. please find below more information on what Development Awards can help fund for:
– tools or equipment for a job qualification e.g., hairdressing kit, carpentry tools, chef’s whites
– Course fees
– Interview clothes
– License fees e.g., CSCS card (construction), or SIA license (security)
– Childcare costs to help single parents access short- term education
-Transport to new job until the young person’s first pay cheque
Development Awards can’t be used for:
– Costings exceeding £500
– Living expenses such as rent or bills
– Costs for things that have already been paid for
– gap years or overseas projects
– community projects
– medical treatment
– fees for courses higher than Level 3 e.g., NVQ Level 4, HNC, HND, degree or post- graduate courses.
– Business start- ups
Please be aware that at this point we do not guarantee that we will be able to provide you with this support. Each application is worked on a case by case basis, and the usual time-frame for this process for the application to be accepted and funding to be granted can take between 6 – 8 weeks. The amount of funding does vary depending on the regional availability but we can potentially award for up to £500. However, the typical amount awarded tends to be from £150 to £250, meaning if we cannot cover the whole amount, you would then need to be in a position to cover the remaining amount to receive the funding.
For more information:
0800 842 842