From: Ashton Yon <Ashton.Yon@southglos.gov.uk>
Sent via Ways2Work
We have an exciting opportunity for someone interested in our Business Administrator Apprenticeship roles. Please can you circulate this apprenticeship vacancy around your networks.
Apprenticeship – Business Administrator Apprentice
How you’ll make a difference
As an apprentice, you will make a difference by supporting the StreetCare, Transport & Waste division. Youll contribute to the safe and efficient functioning of teams, delivering front line services to the public.
We are looking for 2x Business Administrator Apprentices, one for the Road Safety Education team and the other in the Sustainable Travel team.
What will you be doing?
- You will be working closely and alongside existing experienced staff where you will assist them to provide a front line service giving an initial response to customers via telephone, email and in person.
- Youll learn how to prepare documents (mainly in word and excel) and other materials to the required standard and follow a clear brief using established formats and software.
- Youll also have opportunity to learn how to make routine arrangements for meetings and other bookings, such as booking presentations and calendar appointments on behalf of colleagues.
- In addition, youll be taught how to facilitate presentations and resources into education establishments (e.g. nursery, primary, secondary and family centres), check accuracy of data collected and verifying the data with a line manager or colleague and provide a general administrative support to the section, such as photocopying, filing, mail sorting and distribution.
- The most challenging aspect of your apprenticeship will be managing different expectations, alongside gaining basic knowledge of Road Safety and Sustainable Travel programmes.
- Throughout your 18 month apprenticeship, we will allocate you a workplace mentor to give you guidance and support in completing your Level 3 Business Administration, which requires weekly day release learning at SGS College, Filton Avenue, Filton, Bristol, BS34 7AT.
Things we need you to know:
All candidates that successfully reach the interview stages will be required to provide a 10 minute presentation as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who do not provide a presentation at interview will not process through the recruitment process.
The salary for this apprenticeship is set at the current National Minimum Wage;
|Age||Hourly Rate||Annual Salary|
To successfully complete the apprenticeship, you will be required to complete an end point assessment that consists of a synoptic end-test, and portfolio and reflective discussion.
For further detail about this apprenticeship, please download the job description.
What we need from you
- You will ideally hold a minimum of GCSE A*-C (or Grade 4-9) or equivalent qualification in English and Maths or be willing to undertake and gain Functional Skills in English and Maths as part of the apprenticeship.
- You must have the drive and willingness to learn new things and be committed to gaining your qualification
- You should have a keen interest in Health and Safety in the workplace
- Ideally you will have good IT skills in the use of computer packages, such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You should be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, being confident to handle contact channels that include telephone, email and face to face situations.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
We value our staff as individuals, investing in their careers and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps make the greatest long-term difference in work.
We recognise that our diverse team of skilled and dedicated people make us a great place to work. We welcome applications from everyone and ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and developed on the basis of their merits and abilities.
Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
- We’re building and shaping communities which people are proud of
- We’re planning for the future; building and improving the roads, railways, schools, green spaces, and houses.
- Were providing essential services across our communities to ensure they are safe and well maintained.
We’ve achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference.
Were making a difference, be part of it!
We anticipate for interviews to start week commencing 4th July 2022.
We are looking for 2x Business Administrator Apprentices, one for the Road Safety Education team and the other in the Sustainable Travel team therefore, please state which team you would prefer to join.
For further information please contact Ashton on Ashton.Yon or call 01454 864531.
If you would like to apply, please visit the following link Apprenticeship – Business Administrator Apprentice in Yate – South Gloucestershire Council (southglos.gov.uk)
Out of the office advance notice: 23rd 30th May 2022.
Ashton Yon (She/ Her)
Chief Executive & Corporate Resources (CE&CR)
South Gloucestershire Council
Tel: 01454 864531
For employment support professionals
Visit One Front Door for employment support in Bristol for individuals, providers and employers.
Find us on ways2work to contact us or unsubscribe.
You have received this email from the daily Ways2Work mailing list. Ways2Work sends emails about employment support and related services available in the West of England. Please use details provided by the original sender to ask for more information or refer customers to provision.
The content of this email is sent for information only. Bristol City Council does not necessarily endorse or support its contents.