Octopus Energy has exciting opportunities to join our new in-house field teams within field sales, event and venue sales.
We’re changing the landscape of traditional field marketing and re-inventing sales. We’re focused on making energy cheaper, greener, and better, for everyone.
We combine better customer data through our innovative tech platform (Kraken Technologies) with local targeted marketing in order to create more detailed and engaging conversations with customers.
You’ll be at the frontline of Octopus and as such, you’re responsible for showing the best of Octopus Energy as a Brand Ambassador!
We have regional hubs around the UK and are expanding rapidly intro all regions. On your application you select which location is best for you.
· Communicate with customers: we try to be available to people through as many different avenues as possible. Not only do we use digital advertising, billboards, TV ads and more, we also have hundreds of friendly energy experts around the country who knock doors, speak to customers at events and venues, to spread the word about Octopus – this will be you!
· Your role will be to ensure every conversation you have delivers excellent customer service
· You will value meaningful honest conversations, which allow customers to make informed choices and you will pride yourself on ensuring that every interaction is of the highest quality
· Previous experience in sales,(field, retail or telesales) or customer focused roles would be great
· An understanding of sales or customer service
· Clearly demonstrate a proven track record of customer service or and understanding of what successful customer service is
· The ability to work collaboratively with your team in order to influence and inspire
· Clear communicator with a focus on listening and acute attention to detail
· Honest, focused, and committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service
· Demonstrate a positive proactive approach towards organisational change
· Experience of working autonomously
· Flexible working environment – genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
· Holiday – 23 days plus bank holidays
· Remuneration – we’re changing the face of field marketing therefore, we believe all of our brand ambassadors at Octopus will receive a competitive basic salary as well as uncapped commission
· Equity Options Scheme – you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
· Office culture – have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks – we call it Family Dinner
· Social Events – we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
· Parents – get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
· Your development is important – we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you.
· SmartPension Scheme – employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
· Cycle to Work Scheme – to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
· You can be based anywhere in the South of England as we have regional hubs across the UK – just let us know where you are based
· The starting salary for this role is £19,000 and average OTE £30-40,000 (this is uncapped)
· We have tailored and a specialised L&D team that will take you through induction and ongoing training to support your development
· You can join us full time or part time – we’re really flexible at Octopus
See more information about careers at Octopus Energy and apply here: Octopus Energy – Field Sales – South West (lever.co)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.