From: Kayleigh Haines <Kayleigh.Haines@southglos.gov.uk>
Sent via Ways2Work
Are you looking to kickstart a career in Finance?
How you’ll make a difference:
As an apprentice, you will make a difference by supporting the Finance & Systems Controls team who play a key part in supporting many of the software systems used within the Finance & Customer Service divisions. The team provide frontline system security and support, and carry out key system and financial reconciliations and reporting processes.
What will you be doing?
- You will be working closely and alongside existing experienced staff where you will assist them to index information.
- You will be shown how to run daily and weekly Cheque and Bacs payment runs for service areas.
- You’ll learn how to retrieve data files from various government sites for data file transfer into main service systems.
- You’ll learn how to assist our Controls Officers with allocating received payments to customer accounts as well as performing financial reconciliations.
- You will also learn how to test system upgrades and about how the Council’s main financial systems are set up and maintained.
- The most challenging aspect of your apprenticeship will be working in a varied role and one where you will need to use initiative.
- Throughout your 16-month apprenticeship, we will allocate you a workplace mentor to give you guidance and support in completing your Level 2 in
- Accounts/Finance Assistant, which requires weekly day release learning at SGS College, Filton Avenue, Filton, Bristol, BS34 7AT.
What we need from you
- You will ideally hold a minimum of GCSE A*-C (or Grade 4-9) or equivalent qualification in English and Maths or be willing to undertake and gain Functional Skills in English and Maths as part of the apprenticeship.
- You must have the drive and willingness to learn new things and be committed to gaining your qualification.
- You should also have good numeracy and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
For further information please see the attached job summary. Closing date for applications is midnight 24th October 2021. To apply please complete the online application using the following link Apprenticeship – Finance and Controls Apprentice in Yate – South Gloucestershire Council (southglos.gov.uk)
South Gloucestershire Council
Tel: 01454 863836
Email: Kayleigh.Haines. Website: www.southglos.gov.uk
Office Address: Badminton Road, Yate, South Gloucestershire, BS37 5AF.
Postal Address: Chief Executive and Corporate Resources, South Gloucestershire Council, PO Box 1953, Bristol, BS37 0DB.
Support for employment professionals
Visit One Front Door for employment support in Bristol for individuals, providers and employers.
You have received this email from the daily Ways2Work mailing list. Ways2Work sends emails about employment support and related services available in the West of England. Please use the original sender’s contact details to ask for more information or refer customers to provision.
Email ways2work if you want to contact us or unsubscribe.
The content of this email is sent for information only. Bristol City Council does not necessarily endorse or support its contents.
|Bristol City Council Employment Support
Future Bright: Career support for people in work on low wages
Kickstart: Paid work placements for 16-25s
One Front Door: Access employment support across Bristol
We Work for Everyone: Employment support for people with LD or Autism
Ways2Work: Support for employment professionals
|Other Support||Job Search|