Our next online employment course from WECIL that focuses on helping people prepare for work/volunteering/getting further education will be starting
Thursday 14th January, from 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
If you think this course would be useful to anyone you are working with, you can fill in this form with their consent or they can fill it in themselves: https://bit.ly/wecilworkingtogetheronline
If these next dates are not suitable but they would be interested in knowing about future courses, they can fill in this shorter form: http://bit.ly/workingtogethercontactme
The course is for:
- Those aged 18 or over
- Identify as having a long-term health condition or disability (including mental health issues, dyslexia, etc.)
- Are facing barriers to gaining employment
- Live within the South-West (BANES, Bristol, South Glos etc.)
There are no other eligibility criteria.
We meet over 6 sessions and the areas we cover are:
- Reasonable Adjustments in work and the Access to Work scheme.
- How to disclose your condition/disability to an employer and when to do it (Positive Health Disclosure)
- How to build/tailor a CV
- How to build a Cover Letter and Volunteering
- How to write a job application and in-work behaviours
- How to prepare for a job interview, next steps/course completion.
During this course, there will also be the option to have some 1:1’s with the tutor to discuss people’s current situation and receive some support with applications.