Working Together Online Course
WECIL’s next online employment course will be starting
Thursday 28th January, from 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
Working Together focusses on helping people to improve their confidence and to prepare for work/volunteering or moving into further education. We have adapted some of the sessions to meet the need of our learners during this current time with a focus on wellbeing and peer support as well as looking at in-work behaviours and working from home behaviours.
If you think this course would be useful to anyone you are working with, you can fill in this form with their consent or they can fill it in themselves: https://bit.ly/wecilworkingtogetheronline
If these next dates are not suitable but they would be interested in knowing about future courses, they can fill in this shorter form: http://bit.ly/workingtogethercontactme
The course is for:
- Those aged 18 or over
- Identify as having a long-term health condition or disability (including mental health issues, dyslexia, etc.)
- Are facing barriers to gaining employment
- Live within the South-West (BANES, Bristol, South Glos etc.)
There are no other eligibility criteria.
We meet over 6 sessions and the areas we cover are:
- Reasonable Adjustments in work and the Access to Work scheme.
- How to disclose your condition/disability to an employer and when to do it (Positive Health Disclosure)
- In-work behaviours and relationships including in-work behaviours when working from home
- Skills matching and identifying a career path
- Travel training
- Peer support
During this course, there will also be the option to have some 1:1’s with the tutor for support with job applications, writing and updating a CV etc.