Somali Cultural Awareness Training
This will be held on Wednesday 23rd March 2022 at Address: St Pauls Learning Centre 94 Grosvenor Rd, Bristol, BS2 8XJ. This training is available to anyone whom is wanting or needing to learn more about Somali Culture and how to engage with the local Somali community. We will be emphasising specifically on how to engage with the community post-Covid.
We will explore the impact Covid-19 has had on the Somali Community and discuss vaccinations and the benefits that they have had. This training provides a great insight to many different areas as you can see in the training outline. Also included in this price is a delicious hot Somali lunch.
Please contact us if you, or any of your colleagues, would like to book a place on the course.
Somali Cultural Awareness Training & The Effects the Khat Ban Has Had for the Community.
Provided by: Somali Development Group
Date and time: Wednesday 23rd March 2022 .
Venue: St Pauls Learning Centre 94 Grosvenor Rd, Bristol, BS2 8XJ
Course length: Full Day – From 09:30 – 15:00 hrs.
Cost: £120 per participant
Booking: Tel: 07944483263 or email: somalidevelopmentg
The aim of the course is to provide participants with an understanding of general Somali culture. This includes discussing how Somali’s come to the UK, how they settle, issues they face, reasons for high unemployment, the gaps between youths and their parents, the history of the country, the impact of Covid-19 on the community and much more.
· Somalis in Britain (and Bristol)
· The History and Geography of Somalia
· Impact of Covid-19 on the community
· Supporting to vaccinate the community
· Somali Society and Culture
· The Naming System
· Family Structure
· FGM (Female Genital Mutilation)
· Traditional Customs and Food
· Do’s and Don’ts When Visiting a Somali House
· Greetings and Gestures
· Rituals surrounding Births and Deaths
· Effect of Khat ban in the UK
Also covered in the course:
· Why Somalis come to this country
· The cultural differences and how Somalis have settled
· Somali Diaspora
· The disengagement of young Somalis
· The best ways to engage with the Somali community
· Somali views towards Education/Health/Crime
· Piracy and Radicalisation
· Gap between the younger generation and their elders
· Best ways of approaching the Somali community
This course aims to be as fun and informative as possible.
A certificate will be provided to all that choose to attend.
A delicious lunch of Somali cultural food will be provided.