WHO WE ARE
Bristol City Council through the post 16 participation team are required to promote, encourage and track young people between the ages of 16-18 (and up to age 25 for those with learning difficulties and those in care) to participate in education, employment or training, reducing the number of young people who are not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET).
WHAT WE DO
We provide support to young people in signposting them to opportunities or specialist targeted youth support services. This can include applying for jobs, apprenticeships and college courses doing all that we can to give young people a positive outcome.
We can help young people through the targeted youth service (TYS) to:
- recognise their skills and abilities
- discuss and plan their short and long-term career options
- look and apply for jobs and apprenticeships
- help with CVs and applications
- find an education or training course
- find the right opportunity for them
We will also keep in touch to make sure they are progressing well in their new course, training or employment.