From: Ashton Yon <Ashton.Yon@southglos.gov.uk>
We have an exciting vacancy opportunity below! Please could you circulate this Bikeability apprenticeship vacancy around your networks.
APPRENTICESHIP – Bikeability Apprentice
How you’ll make a difference:
As an Bikeability apprentice, you will work alongside experienced Instructors learning skills to successfully work in the industry and ultimately experience Cycle instructing in various settings and environments, in order to deliver this yourself independently. You will make a difference by helping to create and deliver fun, educational and safe cycle sessions for pupils of differing ages and abilities in all areas of the community.
The aim of the apprenticeship scheme is to enable individuals to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours specific to jobs roles within the cycle instructing industry, whilst at the same time gaining qualifications and contributing to the company and services we provide.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll learn to work in the community and schools promoting the benefits of Bikeability cycle training.
- As an apprentice, you will be assisting Bikeability Support Officers with enquiries/bookings from schools and holiday courses either via email or on the telephone and using the Cycle Ready electronic management system.
- You will assist Bikeability Co-ordinators with distribution of kit and support in schools with SEND pupils.
- Throughout your 15 month apprenticeship, we will allocate you a workplace mentor to give you guidance and support in completing your Level 2 in Community Activator Coach at First Step Education & Training.
Things we need you to know:
If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to deliver a 10 minute presentation as part of the recruitment process.
The salary for this apprenticeship is set at the current National Minimum Wage;
|Age||Hourly Rate||Annual Salary|
The delivery of the programme will be remote learning with live sessions being offered.
First Step Education & Training will deliver the following qualifications as part of the apprenticeship:
- Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship Standard
- 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training
- Cycle Specific Safeguarding, Health & Safety and Equality & Diversity Training.
What we need from you
- You will ideally hold a minimum of GCSE A*-C (or Grade 4-9) or equivalent qualification in English and Maths or be willing to undertake and gain Functional Skills in English and Maths as part of the apprenticeship.
- It is essential that you are physically active and have an understanding and awareness of road and traffic environments.
- You will be enthusiastic about cycling with an understanding of cycling as a sport, means of transport, leisure pursuit and healthy form of exercise.
- You must have the drive and willingness to learn new things and be committed to gaining your qualification.
- The role requires you to communicate effectively with all trainees including children, parents and schools.
- You need to be decisive, maintain good discipline, inspire confidence and give encouragement.
- An enhanced DBS will be required for this post.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
We invest in the careers of our people and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps our people make the greatest long-term difference in their work.
We recognise that our diverse team of skilled and dedicated people make us a great place to work. We welcome applications from everyone and ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and developed on the basis of their merits and abilities.
Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
- We’re building and shaping communities which people are proud of
- We’re planning for the future; building and improving the roads, railways, schools, green spaces, and houses.
- We’re providing essential services across our communities to ensure they are safe and well maintained.
- We’ve achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference.
We’re making a difference
We anticipate for the interviews to commence on 1st August 2022.
For further information please contact Ashton on Ashton.Yon or call 01454 864531 or apply please visit the following link APPRENTICESHIP – Bikeability Apprentice in Yate – South Gloucestershire Council (southglos.gov.uk).
Ashton Yon (She/ Her)
Chief Executive & Corporate Resources (CE&CR)
South Gloucestershire Council
Tel: 01454 864531
For employment support professionals
Visit One Front Door for employment support in Bristol for individuals, providers and employers.
Find us on ways2work to contact us or unsubscribe.
You have received this email from the daily Ways2Work mailing list. Ways2Work sends emails about employment support and related services available in the West of England. Please use details provided by the original sender to ask for more information or refer customers to provision.
The content of this email is sent for information only. Bristol City Council does not necessarily endorse or support its contents.