Our job description for Bristol is below and the link to apply is: Home :: Royal Mail Xmas (royalmailgroup.com)
Christmas brings festive cheer to Royal Mail, along with plenty of extra items to deliver, so it’s important for us to bring people together and find a few extra pairs of hands to join our team.
The festive period is our busiest time of year, and without our seasonal workers, delivering the magic of Christmas wouldn’t be possible. Whether it’s the Christmas card from a loved one or the gift they’ve always wanted, we deliver more to our customers – and you can too as a Seasonal Mail Sorter, all while earning some extra cash to fill your Christmas stocking.
Pay and shift patterns
Most sites offer a range of shifts, so finding one that suits you should be simple. Typical shift patterns include:
- Lates: Mon to Sat, 14:00 – 22:00 (from £13.63 p/h)
- Nights: Mon to Sat, 22:00 – 06:00 (from £14.81 p/h)
- Earlies: Mon to Sat, 06:00 – 14:00 (from £12.29 p/h)
- Weekends: Sunday (from £12.29 p/h)
As well as pay and flexible shifts, many of our sites also offer onsite canteen facilities, breakout areas and access to a subsidised gym.
Come All Ye Sorters
Working at the heart of our team as one of our Seasonal Mail Sorters, you’ll play a key role in delivering Christmas to the nation. You’ll unload mail and parcels from our vans, move them through our centres, and help sort letters. Helping us to deliver more for our customers is important, it’s a hands-on role, ensuring every parcel, letter and present reaches their destination, safely.
Our Christmas wish list for Mail Sorters
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to switch between various tasks during a shift
- Ability to push trolleys (up to 250kg) and lift/move mail bags (up to 11kg)
- Ability to comfortably stand for longer periods
- You don’t need to have worked for us before, but experience in warehouse or sorting work is an extra gift – and if you’ve worked for another distribution company, then you’re on our wish list too!